Traditional pumping systems for particulate products have always been a daily problem for all processors who need to move or pump whole or diced fruits or vegetables.
Problems caused by the high cost of triplex piston pumps, the poor efficiency of lobe pumps, the damaged product resulting from the use of screw pumps, or the low pressure losses which double diaphragm pumps need.
HRS Process Systems has found the solution to all of these with a piston pump which
- Does not break the product.
- Delivers high flow rates (up to 12 m3/hr).
- Allows high-pressure losses (30 bar).
- Can work under vacuum.
- Is self-priming.
- Can work empty (without product).
- Requires few spare parts.
- Has no rubber in contact with the product.
- Can work at high temperatures (100°C)
- Adjustable flow
The HRS Piston Pump is of a completely hygienic design, and incorporates a separator fitted between the pump and the hydraulic chamber to ensure that there is no contact between the product and hydraulic oil.
The hygienic design combined with a perfect response to CIP cleaning makes this pump so suited to food processing applications where product integrity and shape must be guaranteed, to maintain both appearance and nutritional quality.
|Model||Min. flow|| Max flow|| Pressure|| Port size|
|BP - 6|| 100 lph|| 3000 lph.|| 20 bar|| 76 mm|
|BP -8|| 3000 lph|| 9000 lph.|| 30 bar|| 104 mm|
|BP - 10|| 3000 lph|| 12000 lph.|| 16 bar|| 104 mm|
The pump range is manufactured from AISI 316 stainless steel and designed for low maintenance. It has an adjustable flow, which can range from a minimum of 160 lph to a maximum of 12,000 lph, and features a high-pressure drop of up to 30 bars. The HRS Hygienic Piston Pump is capable of high working temperatures of up to 100°C and can operate both under vacuum or empty of product. In addition to its delicate handling facility, this large capacity (up to 12 m3/hr) pump is also able to handle large particulates, due to its 3" inlet and outlet ports
- Single piston double effect pump, specially designed to handle particulate products delicately.
- The ideal process pump for whole fruits and vegetables, leaves, strips, slices, dices, slivers... and to guarantee no product breakage.
- Total respect to the integrity and shape of the product.
- Hydraulically or pneumatically driven.
- Adjustable product flow rate (by adjustment of the hydraulic drive).
- Large product flow capacity (up to 12 m3/hr).
- High operating pressure (up to 30 bar).
- Hygienic design.
- It can handle products containing large particulates. The port size in the biggest pump is 75 mm diameter.
- The separator between the pump body and the cylinder prevents the product chamber from being contaminated.
- Perfect response to CIP.
- Self priming and will draw the product from the storage vessel.
- It can work under vacuum.
- It can work empty of product without damage.
- No rubber in contact with product.
All product wetted components manufactured from AISI-316 stainless steel.
- Design temperature 120°C.
- Component thicknesses and/or connection ratings may be varied for specific applications.
- Product wetted zones: N4 lapped.
- Externally: glass blasted or polished. Welds are pickled and passivated.
- Aseptic design. The separator is purged with steam.
- Frequency variator.
- Actuated ball valves.
- Spring valves.
- Damper at the outlet to avoid flow fluctuations.